Tuesday, November 15, 2016

My experience in attending IBM Watson Developer Conference in San Francisco


I attended the Watson developer conference which took place in San Francisco on Nov 9th & 10 to know more about cognitive technology. Yes I enjoyed the event and came to know about artificial intelligence. 

IBM CEO Ginni Rometty’s keynote "The world we envision is man AND machine." was inspiring & empowering one. I noticed one more thing in her speech, she desperately need developers who will give shape to her vision.

They had parallel track of talks. I wish I could attend both. 

These are following I attend.

Turning Visual Recognition Into Video Recognition

IBM Watson AI XPRIZE for Innovators

Why Audience Intelligence Requires a Modular AI Approach

Intelligent User Engagement with Chat Bots

The Future of Discovery – Deep Insights with Cognitive APIs


I met Olli which is the first vehicle to use cloud-based cognitive computing from IBM Watson Internet of Things to analyze and learn from 30 sensors embedded in the vehicle. Four Watson developer APIs were used that allow Olli to interact with passengers: speech to text, natural language classifier, entity extraction and text to speech. Not only it looks interesting. Riding on it & to train olli might be more interesting than this.


No comments:

Post a Comment